Culinary Vendor Manager
Culinary is on a rapid growth and maturation journey and we have a bold vision to create a Vendor Management program in Culinary that will enable us to more effectively support Facebook's mission. We are excited and committed to designing and formalizing our long-term strategy and roadmap to ensure that Culinary services aligns with the business drivers of our key partners and stakeholders. We are seeking a world-class Culinary Vendor Manager to manage our Vendor Base who is passionate about Facebook, and that they can play a leader role in improving the productivity of an organization. We're looking for an experienced Culinary Vendor Manager to build out and drive our Culinary Vendor strategy and relationships. This role requires someone who is known for flexibility and creativity, and is excited to lead in a flat organization that values collaboration and communication. Someone who is a natural at building influence in cross-functional partnerships and developing great stakeholder relationships across the entire organization. Able to thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can use processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact. Someone who is excited about developing and staying hands-on with our vendor management strategy, evolving vendor management practices and expertise. You will not only drive strategy, but also maintain accountability for the day-to-day management of our strategically important vendor relationship within our global footprint. This role will be focused on our global vendor based and shall include travel to global Facebook offices. The role will require the ability to juggle priorities for multiple time zones with the initial focus to be on our European, Asian and US vendor footprint. Our end goal is to have a strong vendor management discipline infused across our organization and integrated with our company-wide approach.
CULINARY VENDOR MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with our vendors to ensure that contractual commitments are delivered. Draft and negotiate contracts and statements of work with our vendor to deliver multi-phase projects including qualification, opportunity management, customer success and special projects.
- Design and conduct training on Vendor Management best practices, and other programs as assigned.
- Develop and lead the overall Culinary vendor performance management strategy, ensuring that the vendor is delivering maximum value through their services - establish internal policies, standards, templates for working with vendors, classify/rationalize/optimize vendor portfolio and concentrate efforts on managing the most strategic vendors, manage regular level collaborative meetings between vendors and Business, ensure there are clear metrics and reporting across all KPIs to ensure strong vendor performance.
- Apply the reporting framework for vendor performance in areas that include quality, capacity, and responsiveness - partner and lead with business owners to develop vendor scorecards and dashboards that present relevant data tailored to the audience, define and hold strategic vendors to higher performance standards and drive continuous improvements, collect/consolidate/communicate detailed reports and key vendor data to stakeholders on vendor performance, risk and relationships.
- Work with the broader Facebook Vendor Management Team to ensure they are mitigating, monitoring and managing vendor risks - including financial viability, information security, business continuity and corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and execute value opportunities with key strategic vendor relationships - analyze problem areas and help resolve issues and disputes.
- Prepare processes for as well as manage analysis, selection and transition.
- Manage communication process with vendor.
- Responsible for driving our operational goals to standardize when and where appropriate.
- 5+ year's experience in Strategic Relationship Management
- Experience with relationship management and third-party management principles/best practices
- Experience managing Third Party Service Delivery and Vendor Relationships
- Experience with Contingent Workforce Management Best Practices
- Experience working on a truly global scale
- Highly organized and experience managing multiple projects
- Experience with a service-based/SLA-based vendor delivery model
- Experience working with high level of discretion and work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- Effective communication skills
- Experience adapting communication style to suit different audiences
- Effective facilitation skills, and experience facilitating group discussions
- Attention to detail, and experience developing accurate written materials
- Action orientated, and experience following up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes
- Food and beverage vendor program development & management experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to influence operational changes, drive collaboration and maximize adoption of new ideas, tools and practices
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business situations
- Experience and desire to collaborate and work with cross functional stakeholders across different time zones
- Advanced problem-solving experience and refined analytical skills
- Aptitude for learning new terminology quickly
- Experience working in fast-paced work environments
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks concurrently with acute attention to detail
- Candid, transparent, dynamic and trustworthy
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top