Critical Facilities Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Critical Facilities Engineer to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Critical Facility Engineer will be a part of the Facility Operations team responsible for operating and maintaining critical systems in our data centers. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire protection systems. This role will be based in Papillion, NE.
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal clients.
- Respond to facility emergencies.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Regularly inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets Facebook standards.
- Escalate issues to facility management as needed.
- High school diploma
- 5+ years experience in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, controls, or other technical maintenance field
- Associate's degree in engineering plus 3+ years experience or Bachelor's degree in related field plus 2+ years experience in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, or controls will be considered in lieu of 5+ years experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings
- Ability to work night shift
- Job Conditions and Demands:
- - Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain.
- - Work at varying heights and from ladders.
- - Use hands and fingers
- - Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
- - Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- - May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more
- 3+ years experience in a data center or other Critical Environment
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical or Mechanical (HVAC)
- Professional affiliations (7x24 Exchange, IFMA, Data Center Pulse, etc.)
- Knowledge of CMMS systems
- Knowledge of critical facilities operations
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top