Creative Strategist, Germany
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Creative Shop is a crew of adventurers, dreamers, idealists, entrepreneurs, designers, writers, strategists, data experts and artists who are hungry for crafting new ideas. A crew whose mission is to inspire, provoke and serve the very industry that enables brands to connect to the people they care about while growing their business. We unreservedly believe that creativity is what drives innovation in every aspect of the modern world, disrupts industries, improves the status quo, and helps brands tell the stories of tomorrow to the right people at the right time.
This opportunity will suit someone with deep Creative Agency experience as a Planning or Strategy Director. As a Creative Strategist, youâ€™ll be an essential team member tasked with inspiring and influencing how advertisers build strategies, concept ideas and execute campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and the next set of Facebook ad platforms.
Come be part of the creative team at Facebook that is leading the industry in new ways to build advertising ideas in the rapidly changing media, mobile and marketing world. You belong in our team: If you think realistic is the most common path to mediocrity; If you are hungry to move fast, learn more, never be complacent; If the intersection of creativity and technology is what makes your blood run quickly; If you believe data, tech and product innovation is fundamental in the creative process; If you arenâ€™t afraid to take what we have and make it 10x better; If you love brilliant debates on how to build and craft better stories; If constant change doesnâ€™t bother you but excites you; If you want to work with a diverse bunch of creative minds to tell stories that you werenâ€™t able to tell before; If you love brands and want to help them tell stories that speak their truth in the world; If you want to humbly lead the industry to create the best work of your (and their) life.â€
This role is sitting within our Central European Creative Shop team, so you will be based out of either Hamburg or Berlin, with frequent travel within Europe.
We are looking for someone with deep experience of advertising creativity and strategy, from a creative agency or from a non-traditional content creator. Youâ€™re curious about how data can shape creativity, how traditional storytelling will evolve in a mobile world, and how technology can underpin clever, brilliant creative ideas. Youâ€™re a natural collaborator â€" you can work side by side with agency creative teams and can work across internal teams (sales, research, product engineering) to get great work shipped. Youâ€™re a doâ€™er, who lives to ship ideas that will impact our biggest partners, as well as +2.1b people on Facebook and +800m people on Instagram.
We are looking for someone who has worked at the intersection of creative and strategy, with great insight into both strategic and creative processes. Experience working with ideas that go across traditional and mobile channels is required. Loves working at any brand touchpoint from emotional big ideas to utility-driven initiatives to innovation and tech.
Finally, our ideal candidate is well-versed in leading clients, purpose build teams and processes alike. Youâ€™re experienced in managing complex constellations of stakeholders, may that be in a creative workshop setting, a client boardroom or internally.
- Continually inspire our clients with a vision for their brand, game-changing ideas and plans to get them executed
- Drive brand and business strategy discussions to uncover business needs and opportunities
- Uncover data insights to develop creative ideas that drive the key business goals of our top clients
- Partner with others on the team and at creative agencies to make your and their ideas shine
- Be a thought leader and use the stages, the press and the suite of marketing platforms our internal marketing team has built to influence the industry
- Work with Product and Engineering to refine your ideas for maximum impact on the Facebook Platform, Apps and Services
- Work hands-on to produce beautiful work. This is a position for creators, not directors
- This team is inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery and the ability to see the big opportunities to thrive here
- Scale your teamâ€™s ideas across the globe
- 8+ years of Planning / Strategy experience in creative agencies, within the brand marketing and advertising industry
- Entrepreneurial. Weâ€™re still only 1% done at Facebook â€" this team is inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery and the ability to see the big opportunities to thrive here
- Strategic. Deep understanding of brand marketing and how to build brilliant strategies across multiple verticals
- Creative. Able to think big and apply that to the wide range of opportunities â€" from individual publishing ideas to campaign ideas to full on, long-standing platforms
- Passionate. A strong sharp-point for people and desire to uncover consumer behaviour, to help your clients connect with customers in an impactful way
- Data. You are happy getting your hands dirty with data, learning new tools and distilling data into unique insights
- A proven track record in storytelling and high-level communications skills
- Experience with Keynote and PowerPoint
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience with a Final Cut or Premiere
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top