Creative Strategist, GA&A Creative Agencies, Japan
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come be part of the creative team at Facebook that is leading the industry in new ways to build advertising ideas in the rapidly changing media, mobile and marketing world. As a Creative Strategist, you'll be an essential team member tasked with inspiring and influencing Creative Agencies and how they build strategies, concept ideas and execute campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and the next set of Facebook ad platforms.
We are looking for someone with deep creative agency experience. You must possess an empathy for creative agencies and a strong bias toward culture changing and convention challenging work. We seek creative people with credibility, who have been at the top of their game and want to help lead Creative Agencies into the mobile first world from a perspective of partnership and humility. You collaborate easily with teams of all kinds and aim to become a sought out secret weapon for agencies. Ready to help but also to lead when necessary, you must instill trust and goodwill and look to stand up for Agency interests within Facebook. You actively seek out tools and processes to give your partners an advantage and look to leverage Facebook for any and all resources on behalf of your agency.
You will do this by co-developing industry-changing campaign work, building scalable programs, crafting industry-leading thought pieces, as well as helping to shape the core Facebook and Instagram advertising products and platforms. You'll go deep with a set of world-class agencies, as well as scale by positively influencing thousands of others. You and your team will be some of the first to build with the latest ad products. Your leadership will help shape the Facebook Awards and you'll be relied upon to help author the stories directed at the creative community. Your passion for provocative, smart, creative ideas along with your skills as a builder will be a great addition to the superpowers of this team. You're a builder, do'er, and live to create ideas that will impact a billion + people and millions of brands. This is a full-time position based in our Tokyo office.
- Develop, in partnership with your team and important internal partners, a set of ideas that will positively influence the way 1000s of Creative Agencies and Partners build on Facebook and Instagram
- Ship a range of work designed to do the above - from lighthouse advertising ideas in partnership with talented people within agencies, to systems that inspire and provide guidance to those we can't work with hand-in-hand
- Be a thought leader and use the stages, the press and the suite of marketing platforms our internal marketing team has built to influence the industry
- Help drive and elevate the Facebook Awards - a program with some of the widest participation from Creative Agencies today
- Positively influence Facebook and Instagram's advertising platforms to address the barriers Creative Agencies and Partners have to creating valuable advertising ideas - or to invent new ways to inspire richer storytelling / more useful advertising
- Scale your team's ideas across the globe
- Develop trainings to effectively scale best practices and knowledge, ensuring that KPIs are achieved and new creative forms are prototyped
- 8+ years of experience as a creative in advertising, preferably on the agency side
- Previous experience as a Creative Director required
- Empathy and enthusiasm for businesses - big and small, brands of all kinds
- Experience developing strategically grounded, brilliant creative applied in digital and offline mediums
- Excellent storytelling - being able to bring an idea to life on a white board or presentation is also quite important
- Creative - the ability to come up with, and articulate the anatomy of, a concept
- Also, the ability to reshape a concept across all media
- Entrepreneurial - we're still only 1% done at Facebook
- This team is inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery and the ability to see the big opportunities to thrive here
- Experience with Keynote / PowerPoint essential
- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- A link to your portfolio is required
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top