Creative Strategist, Agency
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Creative Shop is a motley crew of adventurers, dreamers, idealists, entrepreneurs, misfits, designers, writers, strategists, data hackers and artists who are hungry for crafting new ideas. A crew whose mission is to inspire, provoke and serve the very industry that enables brands to connect to the people they care about while growing their business. We unreservedly believe that creativity is what drives innovation in every aspect of the modern world, disrupts industries, improves the status quo, and helps brands tell the stories of tomorrow to the right people at the right time.
You belong in our tribe: If you think realistic is the most common path to mediocrity; If you are hungry to move fast, learn more, never be complacent; If the intersection of creativity and technology is what makes your blood run quickly; If you believe data, tech and product innovation is fundamental in the creative process; If you aren't afraid to take what we have and make it 10x better; If you love brilliant debates on how to build and craft better stories; If constant change doesn't bother you but excites you; If you want to work with a diverse bunch of creative misfits to tell stories that you weren't able to tell before; If you love brands and want to help them tell stories that speak their truth in the world; If you want to humbly lead the industry to create the best work of your (and their) life.
We are looking for someone with deep creative agency experience. You must possess an empathy for creative agencies and a strong bias toward changing culture and challenging convention through work. We seek creative people with credibility, who have been awarded and want to help lead Creative Agencies into the mobile first world from a perspective of partnership and humility. You'll collaborate easily with teams of all kinds and aim to become a sought out secret weapon for agencies. Ready to help but also to lead when necessary, you must instill trust and goodwill and look to stand up for Agency interests within Facebook. You actively seek out tools and processes to give your partners an advantage and look to leverage Facebook for any and all resources on behalf of your agency.
You will do this by co-developing lighthouse campaign work, building scalable programs, crafting industry-leading thought pieces, as well as helping to shape the core Facebook and Instagram advertising products and platforms. You'll go deep with a set of world-class agencies, as well as scale by positively influencing thousands of others. You and your team will be some of the first to build with the latest ad products. Your leadership will help shape the Facebook Awards and you'll be relied upon to help author the stories directed at the creative community. Your passion for provocative, smart, creative ideas along with your skills as a builder will be a great addition to the superpowers of this team. You're a builder, do'er, and live to create ideas and transform them into actual campaigns, programs, packages even pieces of code that will impact a billion + people and millions of brands. This is a full-time position based in our London offices
- Develop, in partnership with your team and important internal partners, a set of ideas that will positively influence the way Creative Agencies and Partners build on Facebook and Instagram
- You'll inspire, provoke and provide guidance whilst partnering with Creative Agencies, resulting in a range of shipped lighthouse advertising campaigns
- Be a thought leader and use the stages, the press and the suite of marketing platforms our internal marketing team has built to influence the industry
- Help drive and elevate the Facebook Awards – a program with some of the widest participation from Creative Agencies today
- Positively influence Facebook and Instagram's advertising platforms to address the barriers Creative Agencies and Partners have when creating valuable advertising ideas – or to invent new ways to inspire richer storytelling / more useful advertising
- Scale your team's ideas across the globe
- Develop training to effectively scale best practices and knowledge, ensuring that KPIs are achieved and new creative forms are prototyped.
- 8+ years of experience as a creative in advertising, preferably on the agency side
- Previous experience as a Creative Director required
- Empathy and enthusiasm for businesses – big and small, brands of all kinds
- Experience developing strategically grounded, brilliant creative applied in digital and offline mediums
- Excellent storytelling - being able to bring an idea to life on a white board or presentation is also quite important
- Creative - the ability to come up with, and articulate the anatomy of, a concept
- Also, the ability to reshape a concept across all media
- Entrepreneurial - we're still only 1% done at Facebook
- this team is inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery and the ability to see the big opportunities to thrive here
- Experience with Keynote / PowerPoint essential
- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- A link to your portfolio is required.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Other Benefits Gym Pruhealth Partner Gyms
- Laundry Benefit 2015 UK Holiday Calendar
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 25 Paid vacation days per year
- Posted: 2nd of May 2017
- Closing date: 30th of May 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top