Creative Lead, Lockdown
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Come be part of the creative team at Facebook that is leading the industry in new ways to build advertising ideas in the rapidly changing media, mobile and marketing world. As a Lockdown Lead, youâ€™ll be leading a team tasked with concepting and shipping ideas that support the Facebook mission to build community and bring the world closer together. You will do this by developing and co-developing lighthouse ideas that astound communities and bring people together in the real world as well as on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and the next set of Facebook ad platforms. Youâ€™ll go deep with a set of world-class brands and agency partners, as well as scale by positively influencing thousands of others.
You have experience working inside prolific, culture changing creative ecosystems and feel called to transform the industry by example. You must have a high bar, great creative taste and the work to prove it. You are entrepreneurial and see the role of brands and marketing as a positive influence on culture. You can inspire a room of CEOs as well as the in-house or agency designer. The role will go from zoomed out-ideating new global marketing systems that can work on our platform to zoomed in-rolling up sleeves and shipping work with agencies as well as bespoke work from scratch. In this role you will be a confidante, a go-to partner for CMOs and CEOs who need to know what's great and what's next. You are strategic, charming and passionate. A born collaborator and builder who can work with partners to reinvent the global connectedness of their creative and media infrastructures.
You and the team you manage will be some of the first to build with the latest ad products. Your passion for provocative, smart, creative ideas along with your skills as a builder will be a great addition to the superpowers of this team. Youâ€™re a builder, doer, and live to create ideas and transform them into actual events, experiences and movements that will impact a billion + people and millions of brands. This is a full-time position based in our New York office.
We're still only 1% done at Facebook - this team is inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery and the ability to see the big opportunities to thrive here
- -Donâ€™t think management, think manager.
- -This is about unleashing the core talents of each person on your team and helping them to build out new areas of expertise.
- -Along with managing people, this role is about managing a positive team culture that thrives on ideas, positivity, pioneering and collaboration.
- -Be a â€go-toâ€ partner for key sales leaders.
- -Help them deliver Business and Culture defining work for their clients.
- -Join them in provoking their clients to do more for people with our apps and services.
- -To Create work that is meaningful, valuable and useful to people.
- -To embrace their vision and live it on our platform.
- -Youâ€™ll be asked to bring your cultural acumen, humanity and creative vision.
- -Be a strategic & creative catalyst.
- -You will be held responsible for the quality and efficacy of the work, and therefore expected to guide/inspire your team and portfolio of work with the goal of delivering beautifully crafted, insight-based ideas that drive success for our clients.
- -Be a filter for the projects your team focuses on, based on creating the greatest amount of impact â€" for our clients and for Facebook.
- -This is about managing our most precious (peoples' time and talent) resource carefully.
- Thought Leader
- -Be a creative and strategic thought leader that the larger Facebook team taps into to help build and deliver our narrative to clients, the broader business community and internal teams.
- -Be a Creative Shop practitioner â€" step in and lead/co-lead projects when needed.
- -Be an expert on Facebookâ€™s set of marketing tools â€" ad products, insight tools, data partnerships, platform and measurement systems so that you can guide your team and the set of businesses your team supports.
- -Step up and drive positive change for our team â€" from the way we partner with cross-functional teams, approach our work, scale our trade, and work together as a global team.
- Positively influence Facebook and Instagramâ€™s advertising platforms to address the barriers that brands and partners have to creating valuable advertising ideas â€" or to invent new ways to inspire richer storytelling/more useful advertising.
- Develop, in partnership with your team and important internal partners, a set of ideas that will positively influence the way 1000s of brands and partners build on Facebook and Instagram.
- Manage a team that ships a range of work designed to do the above â€" from lighthouse advertising ideas in partnership with talented global leadership within brands, to systems that inspire and provide guidance to those we canâ€™t work with hand-in-hand.
- Be a thought leader and use the stages, the press and the suite of marketing platforms our internal marketing team has built to influence the industry.
- Positively influence Facebook and Instagramâ€™s advertising platforms to address the barriers that brands and partners have to creating valuable advertising ideas â€" or to invent new ways to inspire richer storytelling / more useful advertising.
- Scale your teamâ€™s ideas across the globe.
- 10+ years of experience as a creative in advertising or in global brand management
- Experience as a Creative Director
- Proven track record of being a people manager
- Knowledge on how to build, inspire and execute brand and direct response marketing across multiple verticals
- Communication experience - articulating your ideas in a way that resonates with your team, internal partners, clients and agencies
- Proven leadership experience, both the experience thinking strategically and influencing others as well as experience driving cohesion and maintaining focus and momentum
- Experience developing strategically grounded, creative applied in digital and offline mediums
- Storytelling experience - bringing an idea to life on a white board or presentation
- Creative - experience coming up with, and articulating the anatomy of, a concept
- Experience reshaping a concept across all media
- Experience weaving together a story, using market research, social insights, visualization tools and of course original thinking
- Experience guiding/inspiring teams towards ideas
- Experience thinking about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- A link to your portfolio
- Experience with Keynote/PowerPoint
- Illustrator and Photoshop experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Empathy and enthusiasm for businesses - big and small, brands of all kinds
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top