Creative Director - Studio
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for Creative Director, who will be the Head of the Visual Systems Studio, a pillar within Product Foundation supporting the FB App. The Visual Systems group is focused on creating, maintaining, and evolving the visual systems that define our brand and execute on it in the product including icons, emoji, illustration, motion, avatars, photography, and live action creative.
We are looking for an experienced creative leader to join the team with an interactive and visual systems background. This includes deep experience in preparing and executing on creative briefs, overseeing the entire creation process of digital design elements through delivery, and managing multiple and complex work streams with large amounts of cross-functional partners.
This role requires strong system thinking and organizational skills, an eye to detail and extensive understanding in overseeing the implementation of visual systems with accuracy, consistency and high levels of quality. Being able to manage work streams in an organized way that always guarantees on time delivery and a clear work flow is critical. The role also requires strong strategic thinking that will allow for quick problem solving and prioritization abilities in a fast-moving environment. In addition, due to the highly collaborative nature of this role and given the management requirements, this person will need strong interpersonal skills and great teaming experience.
- Oversee the creation of creative assets of all types - from iconography to illustration, photography and video, delivering high-quality content thatâ€™s delightful, beautiful, and clear and supports the Facebook app strategy
- Manage the prioritization and assignment of all creative requests, in close collaboration with the Producer co-leading these initiatives
- Collaborate with leadership both within Visual Systems and across Facebook product teams to build strong partnerships and trust
- Envision and implement a cohesive visual style, working closely with the Creative Directors and Content Strategists across the group
- Evangelize learnings from the partnerships with product teams with Visual Systems teams to constantly improve the quality and effectiveness of our work
- Lead and support the embedded teams in the various product teams
- 5+ years experience as a Creative Director at a creative agency or an in-house design team
- Knowledge of design principles similar to branding, marketing, and publishing with demonstrable knowledge of UX design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers on your team
- Experience in leading multiple projects simultaneously, on time and budget
- Presentation, interpersonal, and communication experience and experience communicating concepts
- Experience taking design feedback and incorporate it
- Online portfolio showcasing work (include link on your resume)
- Experienced visual designer and systems thinker with agency/production experience
Back to top