Creative Coder - Instagram
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is seeking a talented Creative Coder to develop original and highly engaging augmented reality experiences. Your position is a hybrid of art, design, and software engineering, and you should be able to not only generate and prototype great experiences, but carry them through to polished, bug-free, performant code releases.
- Prototype interactive augmented reality experiences using Spark AR Studio and other standard creative tools
- Communicate interactive concepts effectively in images, storyboards, and videos
- Creatively solve problems in translating effects ideas into code execution
- Generate new ideas for effects
- Collaborate closely with art, design, engineering, product, QA, research, and partnership teams from conception to launch
- Learn from data on released effects to refine existing effects and develop new ones
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Experience designing and developing interactive augmented reality, computer vision, and/or face-tracking interactive experiences
- Experience in the entertainment, video game, or digital marketing industries
- BS in Computer Science or BA in Media Arts or equivalent program
- Experience with creative coding frameworks like openFrameworks, Processing, Cinder, Max/MSP, Unity3d, After Effects
- Experience with 3D production pipelines and integration of 2D and 3D assets into real-time applications
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top