Creative Coder - Instagram
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
We're looking for someone to join our Design Team as a Creative Coder. You will be joining a team that supports Instagram's growing portfolio of products and features. This team is responsible for creating motion ideation around content creation tools in 2D and 3D.
This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums.
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.
- Prototype interactive augmented reality experiences in our proprietary systems and using standard frameworks and tools (Cinder, openFrameworks, Processing, After Effects, Max/MSP, Origami)
- Communicate interactive concepts effectively in images, storyboards, and videos
- Creatively solve problems in translating effects ideas into code execution
- Generate new ideas for effects
- Collaborate closely with art, design, engineering, product, QA, research, and partnership teams from conception to launch
- Learn from data on released effects to refine existing effects and develop new ones
- 2+ years of experience writing OpenGL/GLSL shaders
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Experience designing and developing interactive augmented reality, computer vision, and/or face-tracking interactive experiences
- Experience in the entertainment, video game, or digital marketing industries
- BS in Computer Science or BA in Media Arts or equivalent program
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top