(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented creative coder to develop original and highly engaging interactive video and augmented reality experiences. Your position is a hybrid of art, design, and software engineering, and you should be able to not only generate and prototype great experiences, but carry them through to polished, bug-free, performant code releases.This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Prototype interactive augmented reality experiences in our proprietary systems and using standard frameworks and tools (Cinder, openFrameworks, Processing, After Effects, Max/MSP, Origami)
- Communicate interactive concepts effectively in writing, images, storyboards, and videos
- Creatively solve problems in translating effects ideas into code execution
- Generate new ideas for effects
- Collaborate closely with art, design, engineering, product, QA, research, and partnership teams from conception to launch
- Learn from data on released effects to refine existing effects and develop new ones
- 2+ years of experience writing OpenGL / GLSL shaders
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work is required (Include link on your resume)
- Portfolio including interactive and creative coding work
- Experience designing and developing interactive augmented reality, computer vision, and/or face-tracking interactive experiences
- Experience in the entertainment, video game, or digital marketing industries
- BS in Computer Science or BA in Media Arts or equivalent program
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top