(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player with a passion for online intermediary liability issues to serve as Counsel, Content. The role will tackle cutting-edge issues on a global scale arising from content posted by users on Facebook, Instagram, and the company's other services. The ideal candidate will have a background in user-generated content and legal regimes relating to online intermediaries, including the Communications Decency Act (CDA) under US law and the E-Commerce Directive under EU law. Days are fast-paced and action-packed, and we are looking for someone that is eager to roll up their sleeves and problem-solve on content-related matters of all kinds. The position is based in Facebook's Menlo Park, California, headquarters and is highly cross-functional, working closely with other legal teams and key business units, including Public Policy, Communications, and Operations.
- Provide legal advice on incoming reports relating to content posted by users on the company's services, including Facebook and Instagram
- Develop and apply procedures, policies and practices arising under relevant laws globally to manage the company's legal risk for user-generated content
- Advise on the intersection of local laws and relevant political considerations in a wide range of diverse legal systems
- Work closely with global teams across departments and offices, as well as an international network of outside counsel
- JD degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 3+ years of relevant content-related experience, from in-house or at a law firm
- Experience with intermediary liability issues and laws (CDA, E-Commerce Directive, etc.)
- Experience with notice-and-takedown obligations in the US, EU, and elsewhere
- Ability to assess legal, practical and business risks
- Ability to focus on multi-tasking, details, organization, and competing priorities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top