Counsel - Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. Building 8 seeks a highly motivated Counsel who will be responsible for providing tactical and working level legal counsel across Building 8 projects. You will interact closely with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel and innovative products in an exciting environment. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA and will report to B8's Head of Legal, Director.
- Structure, draft and support a broad range of agreements across functions, including engineering, software, development, go-to-market/sales, customer service and repair related agreements.
- Assume responsibility for legal issues related to these agreements, including risk management.
- Drive assigned legal projects and mitigation to closure.
- Provide strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners.
- Support unfamiliar subject areas.
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar.
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience.
- Experience executing on projects and initiatives under deadlines.
- Experience adapting to changing priorities and organizational needs.
- Experience advising and aligning with cross-functional teams across a business.
- Technology transaction experience (software licensing, product and engineering development, intellectual property, open source software, etc.)
- Experience with go-to-market, sales, customer service, repair and logistics-related arrangements.
- Experience leading multiple resolutions and agreements.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top