Corporate Development Associate
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Corporate Development team at Facebook focuses on sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and executing M&A and strategic partnership opportunities. This position offers a great opportunity to support Deal Leads in evaluating business and M&A opportunities, structuring, due diligence, market research and deal execution.
The ideal person for this role will be strategic, driven, and has a passion for our ecosystem. This position offers the unique opportunity to make an immediate and substantial impact to Facebook. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Identify, research and recommend industries, companies and technologies for Facebook to evaluate from an M&A perspective
- Support all aspects of the M&A process, including strategic/financial analysis, valuation, due diligence and negotiation
- Develop and maintain models, dashboards and presentations that track and analyze our industry, as well as prospective M&A opportunities
- Analyze the companyâ€™s strategic objectives and identify, recommend and pursue technologies that can meet those investment objectives
- Coordinate and oversee cross-functional engineering, design and product teams in the evaluation of technical employees, technology solutions and other product diligence
- Identify areas for integration of technology infrastructure and other IT systems post-acquisition
- Assess the costs, revenue and other benefits for both near- and long-term roadmaps that leverage the acquired companyâ€™s solutions
- Identify and educate other executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments
- Determine short- and long-term personnel needs for successful post-acquisition integration
- Plan and direct the work of other cross-functional professionals, including engineering, product design, infrastructure IT, security and privacy systems, and finance and accounting
- Design, lead and execute analysis and communicate insights
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of work experience in investment banking, management consulting, or venture capital
- Experience problem-solving individually and in a group setting
- Experience shifting priorities
- Experience covering internet/digital and media/mobile companies
Back to top