Corp Perf Engineer
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is looking for Corp Perf & Reliability Engineer who will be embedded within one or more of our corporate business units apply the knowledge gained to solve real problems facing internal business customers. The focus will be cross-functional across multiple areas including networking, server virtualization, database systems, monitoring and automation.
- Independently seek out problems with the way the business is managed, monitored, maintained and scaled
- Build systems to improve the performance and reliability of the business
- Write and review code, develop documentation, build performance management services, plan for capacity/growth.
- Develop tooling and integrations that provide insights around capacity, utilization and availability of a wide variety of infrastructure and software.
- Identify long-term gaps in our infrastructure and applications and work to address them
- Move the org as a whole towards an 'infrastructure as code' and self service model where human interaction with systems is minimized in favor of automated monitoring, remediation and recovery
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in troubleshooting with Linux/UNIX Systems/Tools
- 3+ years experience in Network fundamentals (TCP/IP, Firewalls, Networks, Proxies) or experience configuring and maintaining services in a production environment like Apache, MYSQL, NFS, SSH, DNS and SNMP is a plus
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in one or more programming languages (Python, PHP, Java, C/C++)
- Experience with distributed application architectures
- Working experience with application virtualization/containerization technologies (LXC, Docker, VMware, KVM)
- Working experience with internet service architectures (CDN, Load Balancers, Distributed storage)
Back to top