Core Technology Product Management Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
As leader of Core Tech Product Management at Oculus, you will build and lead a team of Core Tech Product Managers who will collaborate closely with architects, technical leads, and their teams. The Core Tech PM team will systemically work backwards from an end-user experience factoring in competitive landscape, market and user research to identify gaps and opportunities to innovate and direct technology development. You will be responsible for the consolidated experience-driven technical roadmap, activity prioritization and ensuring that the experiences (and underlying technologies) align with the Oculus Product Experiences and Roadmap. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Build, Coach & Lead the product management team to identify next-generation technologies for state of the art VR experiences.
- Work closely with various organization and teams to define and execute technology and product roadmaps.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Recruit world-class talent and provide mentorship to team members
- Create and maintain a competitive roadmap
- Driver experiences and end-user needs into the technology development and planning
- Identify technology trends and user needs
- Perform competitor and market trend research
- 10+ years of Product management experience in multi-disciplinary teams at the intersection of advanced tech and product.
- Management skills including building high performing teams and organizations.
- Collaborator, communication skills with ability to manage cross-team and cross-geography collaboration, ability to manage by influence.
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in compute & systems development, proven track record in advanced technology & product development and new technology introductions.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top