Core Tech TPM, Systems
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immense and weâ€™re just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of VR and AR systems. Come work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As a System Technical Program Manager at Oculus, you will play a key role in delivering new cutting-edge technologies to all of Oculus' programs. You will be defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional plans for the new technology introductions and you will lead the execution including planning of requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and associated mitigations. You will be responsible for communication of program status and risk to program stakeholders. In this role, you will have major impact on all Oculus future products.
- Plan scope and feature set of programs.
- Work with teams to set milestones, create integration plans and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment across hardware, software, and computer vision teams.
- Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to executives.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as a program manager managing programs from concept to mass production.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical teams.
- Problem-solving and organizational experience and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
Back to top