Core Tech TPM, Mixed Reality (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immense - and weâ€™re just getting started.
Our Zurich Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
Mixed Reality team is tasked with building technology and experiences centered around understanding, recreating and interacting with real-world elements in Virtual Reality. As a dedicated Technical Program Manager for the team, you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features, working with early technology paths. You will lead execution on all phases of the software development lifecycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You thrive in a cross-functional environment as the team work closely collaborating with Research, Hardware, Firmware and Software teams in multiple geographic locations.
- Develop project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs.
- Manage communication within and between software, hardware, and computer vision teams.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional software development environment.
- Hardware/Software integration experience in a consumer electronics or robotics environment.
- An understanding of software development processes and best practices.
- Knowledge with project and issue tracking systems.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams.
- Applications and resumes to be submitted in English.
Back to top