Core Tech Program Manager - Data
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As the Core Tech Program Manager for Data Collection, you will be pivotal in actively defining, prioritizing and driving all the data collection efforts within Core Tech as a part of product development process. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires gathering of requirement from various teams and defining how to best align this effort given each team's needs and manage that against budget/resources. The ideal candidate is someone who is organized, detail oriented, and passionate to ship products that will delight Oculus' users.
- Actively plan and execute requirements and projects from internal data collection customers.
- Liaise between various recording partners and internal cross-functional teams.
- Build a data collection requirement and execution process.
- Manage budget/resources and balance against priorities reviewed and signed off by stakeholders.
- Collect feedback and incorporate changes downstream.
- Create schedules and execute against them, balancing internal customer needs, product schedules, recording partners, etc.
- Occasional travel required.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, or related field.
- 3+ years experience as a program manager.
- Experienced with lab settings.
- Interpersonal communication experience, including relationship building and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- VR related technical background.
Back to top