Core Systems Software Engineer (Oculus)
The Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense�and we're just getting started. Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Software Engineer on the Reality Labs team, you will be a key contributor to developing the first generations of standalone VR headsets and providing Oculus' customers the first purpose-built devices to experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. You will collaborate with engineers and product managers across Oculus, Facebook, and partner companies to identify and solve a diverse set of technical challenges across the full technology stack: hardware, firmware, kernel, frameworks and applications. You will have the opportunity to define the total user experience for a brand-new category of computing systems.
- Develop core operating system boot, kernel and service frameworks for standalone VR headsets
- Partner with Vision, Electrical Engineers and Hardware Engineers to build the most comfortable VR tracking and input technologies
- Collaborate with user experience engineers and PMs to translate OS interface motifs from 2D to VR
- Implement the infrastructure needed to support a family of standalone VR products
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in native systems development
- 2+ years of programming experience in C++/C
- 2+ years experience in the following: device driver development, embedded systems, or operating systems
- Experience with manufacturing and provisioning processes for mobile devices
- Experience developing HAL and device drivers for embedded Linux or Android
- Experience performing hardware bring-up
Back to top