Core OS Technical Program Manager
As a Core OS Technical Program Manager at Oculus, you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional efforts on our stand alone headsets. This is an opportunity to drive key software initiatives across disciplines as well as integrating them with hardware roadmaps. You will collaborate with engineering and product management on strategy, team goals and with primary responsibility to lead execution of all phases of the development cycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and clear communication to project stakeholders. You will work with the teams to identify and solve a diverse set of technical challenge across the full technology stack: hardware, firmware, kernel, frameworks and applications. The ideal candidate is energized by having impact, is passionate about high-quality user interfaces, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Develop project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs.
- Manage communication within and between external engineering firms and Oculus software and marketing teams.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- Up to 15% travel.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional software development environment.
- Software experience in development and deployment of mobile applications.
- Knowledge of C++, Java, C.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
- Knowledge with project and issue tracking systems.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
Back to top