Core Data Science, PhD University Grad
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Core Data Science team. Individuals in this role are expected to be comfortable working as a software engineer and a quantitative researcher. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the study of an online social network, and a passion for identifying and answering questions that help us build the best products.
- Work closely with a product engineering team to identify and answer important product questions
- Answer product questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data.
- Communicate findings to product managers and engineers.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
- Currently has or in the process of obtaining a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related technical field required
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Ability to communicate quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge with at least one scripting language such as Python or PHP.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top