Controls Subject Matter Expert
- Conyers, GA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Controls Subject Matter Expert to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. This role is responsible for reliability and quality of the Building Management System (BMS). The candidate will support data center daily operations, and global quality/standardization initiatives. This position is full-time and will be located at our Newton County, GA data center.
- Accountable for all Building Management System (BMS) operations, changes, and enhancements on a campus consisting of multiple data center buildings.
- Diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and create modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Troubleshoot and repair controls hardware including controllers, relays, measurement devices, actuators, etc.
- Review operating equipment data for efficiency improvements, monitor all building systems for abnormal operating trends, and make optimization adjustments accordingly.
- Manage controls vendors while supporting site operations, including direct oversight to all system configuration and component upgrades.
- Review quality control of hardware installation and review programming through commissioning process for new construction and retrofits.
- Provide controls scope and review proposals for retrofits and upgrades.
- Oversee all system configurations and component upgrades to ensure system integrity is maintained and that all modifications to existing systems are in compliance with best practices, including change control processes.
- Provide technical controls training and support to all Facility Operations staff.
- Collaborate with Global Automation and Optimization team to implement initiatives at the data center.
- Communicate all issues and upcoming controls work with site management.
- Other duties as required to support the operation of Facebook data centers.
- Less than ten percent of occasional travel as required.
- 5+ years of controls experience in programming development, start up, and commissioning of systems - process automation systems, central plants, air handling units, and evaporative cooling/humidification systems.
- AS/BS degree in Engineering/Technical studies, Military Technical School, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in data centers or other critical environments ("critical" being defined as a 24/7 operation).
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments.
- Experience interpreting and auditing blueprints/CAD drawings and controls diagrams.
- Alerton experience.
- Schneider Electric PLC experience.
- Experience with common software programming languages: Python, PHP, SQL.
- Experience beyond field technician level - project management, project engineering, operations management.
- IT/Networking certification.
Back to top