Controls Subject Matter Expert
Facebook is seeking a Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. This role is responsible for reliability and quality of the Building Management System (BMS). The candidate will support data center daily operations, and global quality/standardization initiatives.
CONTROLS SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for all Building Management System (BMS) operations, changes, and enhancements on a campus consisting of multiple data center buildings.
- Diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and create modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Troubleshoot and repair controls hardware including controllers, relays, measurement devices, actuators, etc.
- Review operating equipment data for efficiency improvements, monitor all building systems for abnormal operating trends, and make optimization adjustments accordingly.
- Manage controls vendors while supporting site operations, including direct oversight to all system configuration and component upgrades.
- Review quality control of hardware installation and review programming through commissioning process for new construction and retrofits.
- Provide controls scope and review proposals for retrofits and upgrades.
- Oversee all system configurations and component upgrades to ensure system integrity is maintained and that all modifications to existing systems are in compliance with best practices, including change control processes.
- Provide technical controls training and support to all Facility Operations staff.
- Collaborate with Global Automation and Optimization team to implement initiatives at the data center.
- Communicate all issues and upcoming controls work with site management.
- Other duties as required to support the operation of Facebook data centers.
- Less than ten percent of occasional travel as required.
- 5+ years of controls experience in programming development, start up, and commissioning of systems - central plants, air handling units, and evaporative cooling/humidification systems.
- AS/BS degree in Engineering/Technical studies, Military Technical School, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in data centers or other critical environments ("critical" being defined as a 24/7 operation).
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments.
- Experience interpreting and auditing blueprints/CAD drawings and controls diagrams.
- Alerton experience.
- Experience with common software programming languages: Python, PHP, SQL.
- Experience beyond field technician level - project management, project engineering, operations management.
- IT/Networking certification.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Critical Facility Engineer
- Data Center Infrastructure Services Manager
- Data Center Logistics Analyst
- Data Center Site Project Manager
- Director, Data Center Facility Operations - West
Los Lunas, NM + 20 More
- Regional Construction Safety Manager
Papillion, NE + 5 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top