Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook is seeking a Controls Engineer to join our Clone data center facility operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. This role is responsible for reliability and quality of the Building Management System (BMS). The candidate will support data center daily operations, and global quality / standardization initiatives.
CONTROLS SPECIALIST, SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for all Building Management System (BMS) operations, changes, and enhancements on a campus consisting of multiple data center buildings.
- Diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Troubleshoot and repair controls hardware including controllers, relays, measurement devices, actuators, etc.
- Review operating equipment data for efficiency improvements, monitor all building systems for abnormal operating trends, and make optimization adjustments accordingly.
- Manage controls vendors while supporting site operations, including direct oversight to all system configuration and component upgrades.
- Review quality control of hardware installation and review programming through commissioning process for new construction and retrofits.
- Provide controls scope and review proposals for retrofits and upgrades.
- Oversee all system configurations and component upgrades to ensure system integrity is maintained and that all modifications to existing systems are in compliance with best practices, including change control processes.
- Provide technical controls training and support to all Facility Operations staff.
- Collaborate with Global Automation and Optimization team to implement initiatives at the data center.
- Communicate all issues and upcoming controls work with site management.
- Other duties as required to support the operation of Facebook data centers.
- Occasional travel as required.
- 5 years of controls experience in programming development, start up, and commissioning of complex systems
- central plants, air handling units, and evaporative cooling/humidification systems. Alerton experience preferred.
- Bachelors/Associates degree in Engineering/Technical studies, Military Technical School, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in data centers or other critical environments.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments.
- Ability to read and audit blueprints/CAD drawings and controls diagrams.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with common software programming languages is preferred
- python, PHP, SQL.
- Experience beyond field technician level is preferred
- project management, project engineering, and operations management.
- IT/Networking certification is preferred
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Construction Program Mgr- Retrofit Projects
- Data Center Campus Facility Manager
- Data Center Capacity Engineer
- Infrastructure Materials Manager
Menlo Park, CA
- Mechanical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
- Network Engineer, Design & Construction
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top