Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. This role is responsible for reliability and quality of the Building Management System (BMS). The candidate will support data center daily operations, and global quality / standardization initiatives.
- Accountable for all Building Management System (BMS) operations, changes, and enhancements on a campus consisting of multiple data center buildings.
- Diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Troubleshoot and repair controls hardware including controllers, relays, measurement devices, actuators, etc.
- Review operating equipment data for efficiency improvements, monitor all building systems for abnormal operating trends, and make optimization adjustments accordingly.
- Manage controls vendors while supporting site operations, including direct oversight to all system configuration and component upgrades.
- Review quality control of hardware installation and review programming through commissioning process for new construction and retrofits.
- Provide controls scope and review proposals for retrofits and upgrades.
- Oversee all system configurations and component upgrades to ensure system integrity is maintained and that all modifications to existing systems are in compliance with best practices, including change control processes.
- Provide technical controls training and support to all Facility Operations staff.
- Collaborate with Global Automation and Optimization team to implement initiatives at the data center.
- Communicate all issues and upcoming controls work with site management.
- Other duties as required to support the operation of Facebook data centers.
- Less than ten percent of Occasional travel as required.
- 5+ years of controls experience in programming development, start up, and commissioning of complex systems – central plants, air handling units, and evaporative cooling/humidification systems.
- Alerton experience preferred.
- AS/BS degree in Engineering/Technical studies, Military Technical School, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in data centers or other critical environments.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments.
- Ability to read and audit blueprints/CAD drawings and controls diagrams.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with common software programming languages is preferred: Python, PHP, SQL.
- Experience beyond field technician level is preferred – project management, project engineering, operations management.
- IT/Networking certification is preferred.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top