Controls Operations Program Manager
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In this role, you will work closely with our global construction teams and various internal departments, including Data Center Analytics, Procurement and Finance to support all aspects of project & program process for Facebook's growing Infrastructure Construction team. Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must in this highly collaborative role. This is a full-time role based in our Fremont office and includes periodic travel to our various domestic and international construction locations.
- Support Facebook Project Controls Operations Manager who manages business projects and processes for the global construction management organization.
- Leverage project controls experience and best practices to develop, implement, and evolve scalable project controls business process improvements across multiple internal and external teams.
- Serve as the single point of contact for business leads, key stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and end users to develop creative fit-for-purpose solutions and improved, standardized processes to support effective project management and control.
- Build alignment and provide oversight for initiatives and business projects through comprehensive project and/or program management from project scoping through execution.
- Develop status updates, posts, and other communications to promote awareness of business projects and ensure effective adoption of related process and procedures.
- Drive tooling implementation and integration efforts, provide project controls teams with a single point of contact for tool improvements & enhancements.
- Develop, maintain, and expand procedures and process flow diagrams.
- Prepare end-user documentation and conduct user/stakeholder training.
- Conduct GAP analysis to critically evaluate existing processes and then lead improvement business projects.
- Facilitate the collection, scoping, and prioritization of business initiatives by working with various project controls managers.
- Leverage construction industry knowledge and expertise to make and deliver recommendations on key strategic questions and initiatives, even when there is incomplete data or insufficient time to drive an analysis through to conclusion.
- Coach and mentor teams, and conduct & develop training programs to contribute to capability building and knowledge sharing (project management, requirements gathering, business processing modeling, etc.).
- Occasional travel to various Facebook sites (20%).
- Experience translating business problems into technical requirements for technical audiences and business impact conversations for non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in ambiguous environments and unpredictable timelines.
- Experience navigating through large companies and build and nurture relationships with all kinds of leaders and teams.
- Experience adapting quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS or equivalent in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of (8) years professional experience in construction & operations experience for large multi-project construction programs with a minimum of five (5) years in Project Controls.
- Experience leading and influencing clients and project teams throughout project life cycle phases.
- Intuition and experience drawing conclusions from data, including competency with Excel and other basic analytical tools.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and client/stakeholder relationship management.
- Experience influencing large, cross-functional teams of 10+ people.
- Collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Communication, organization, planning, and leadership skills.
- At least five years of project controls experience in both cost and schedule and experience managing business improvement projects in the construction industry.
- Certifications such as 6 Sigma, Lean, PMP preferred.
Back to top