Controls Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Data Center Controls and Monitoring is seeking a Controls Engineer Intern to add to our team. Knowledge in HVAC theory and building automation is essential to this role. This candidate should be able to demonstrate ability for critical thinking, work efficiently and assist in critical projects cross functionally. This candidate should show desire to learn power systems and curiosity specific to mission critical facilities. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Assist controls engineers on projects and daily tasks to learn Facebook’s control systems and data center design. This includes working cross functionally with design, construction, R&D, and software teams.
- Learn and leverage Facebook’s internal data analysis and monitoring tools.
- Automate controls preventative maintenance analysis to indicate when corrective maintenance is required. Review metrics across the DC fleet and identify discrepancies and opportunities to improve
- Attend and participate subject matter expert (SME) meetings
- Obtaining a Bachelor’s in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Building Automation or Industrial Controls
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top