Controls Engineer, Data Center Facility Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. Our Building Management System (BMS) provides the smarts to efficiently and reliably run our data centers. The candidate will support engineering of new controls solutions, quality and standardization initiatives. The Facility Operations team designs and ensures our highly reliable environment is supported. The ideal candidate shall be able to work both broadly leading critical projects cross-functionally, as well as work independently through deep dives and expert analyses. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Definition and rollout of new engineering standards / best practices.
- Develop and generate specifications, RFPs, ROMs and SOWs for projects.
- Point of escalation for complex system malfunctions.
- Facilitate and decision change control reviews.
- Perform readiness review of new build projects to inform overall building acceptance.
- Travel to data center sites for project implementation, engineering support, startup testing, and full commissioning.
- 5+ years controls experience in programming development, start up, and commissioning of electrical monitoring systems, central plants, air handling units, and evaporative cooling/humidification systems.
- Associates in Engineering/Technical studies or Military Technical School.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments.
- Ability to understand and audit blueprints/CAD drawings and controls diagrams.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- 30% domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline
- Experience with software programming languages such as Python, PHP, SQL
- Experience beyond field technician level such as project management, project engineering, and operations management.
- IT/Networking Certification
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top