Contracts Manager - Infrastructure Sourcing
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
A successful Contracts Manager will partner closely with Facebook's Infrastructure Sourcing Managers who support various supply chain disciplines and liaise with Facebook's Legal team and other departments. They will partner with Sourcing Managers to shape contract negotiation strategies and execute a high volume and wide array of agreements to secure goods and services, ensuring production capacity for the Facebook applications, protecting the business from liability, and driving efficiency and value with our suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and develop key commercial terms in supply chain agreement templates and lead efforts to revise contract language to reflect leading edge terms.
- In conjunction with the supply chain sourcing team, ensure all standard and team specific templates are current, or revised and approved as necessary to support the business requirements.
- Structure, draft, and partner on contract negotiations both independently and in collaboration with Sourcing Managers.
- Act as primary liaison to Facebook Legal, supporting legal strategy, assessing and protecting the business from risk, helping define roles and responsibilities, and with Legal, determining outside counsel requirements.
- Partner with Legal to influence contract policies to ensure policies and processes scale with changing business requirements.
- Ensure sourcing team compliance to all current Legal policies.
- Map all executed agreements against the current templates and provide assessment of terms negotiated vs terms in the template.
- Ensure best-in-class terms in negotiated agreements and that contract templates are updated to reflect improved terms.
- Provide strategic business advice to develop efficient, comprehensive, long-term approaches to Facebook relationships with key partners and suppliers.
- Assist in detailed contract research and reviews, and resolution of issues that may arise in commercial relationships.
- Through review of negotiated agreements and in conjunction with sourcing team managers, lead efforts to assess and train Sourcing Managers to define and improve competency levels in the contracts development and management process.
- Define, establish, and manage agreement process SLAs that meet or exceed the needs of the business for the area assigned.
- Develop and provide on-going contracts management training to new hires and existing personnel.
- Ensure Contracts Management System (CMS) tool is maintained and drive tool enhancements to improve accuracy and ease of use.
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the Contracts Management team and its processes.
- 10+ years of experience negotiating and drafting master and child contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge in and experience with inbound supply chain/commercial agreements (Manufacturing Agreement, Services Agreements, Master Purchasing Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Development Agreements, Statements of Work).
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of legal terms and commercial concepts including, but not limited to: epidemic defect, cancellation and returns, product warranty, IP ownership, inventory liability issues, continuity of supply, have made rights and right to ship, and licensing.
- Experience in negotiating with domestic and foreign suppliers, and both start-up companies and multi-national firms.
- Experience in developing custom contractual framework and negotiating agreements for specialized and customized products, services and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience of streamlining contractual processes.
- Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High-tech background, including experience in data center/cloud service provider environments, IT Hardware or Network infrastructure
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top