Contracts Manager, Infrastructure Services
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Facebook Infrastructure Services Sourcing (ISS) team owns the sourcing and supplier management for services performed for our data centers and other infrastructure globally, plus contracting for those services as well as materials. ISS supports three key pillars, capacity to ensure the uninterrupted supply of Facebook services, risk mitigation, and value.
The ISS team provides full-lifecycle contracting, sourcing and consultative support for all service types, including:
Ongoing and periodic maintenance, repair and operations.
Fully managed labor deployments
Examples of services include, but are not limited to, business process outsourcing, subject matter expertise, facility operations, component installation, data eradication and component technician support.
Additionally, the team provides contracting support for adjacent infrastructure departments, including, but not limited to, Emerging Technology, Construction, Network Hardware, Servers / Storage and more.
ISS Contracts Managers partner closely with Sourcing Managers who support various procurement disciplines, and liaise with Facebook’s Legal team and other departments. The successful candidate will help Sourcing Managers shape contract negotiation strategies and execute a high volume and wide array of agreements to secure goods and services, ensuring production capacity for the Facebook applications, protecting the business from liability, and driving efficiency and value with our suppliers.
From high-level strategy to tactical day-to-day work, the successful Contracts Manager will operate across all levels of the organization, partnering with various teams internally to help our infrastructure run more efficiently. As such, we’re seeking someone with excellent communication and leadership skills to own this space and act as the primary interface for legal matters.
A successful candidate is able to:
Efficiently draft or review contracts across several disciplines and in a wide range of challenging geographies, including and especially internationally
Diplomatically negotiate good near-term and sustaining value
Deeply embed within multiple stakeholder communities
Fully understand the strategic functional needs of each stakeholder
Provide exceptional customer service
Simultaneously address a high volume of ad hoc, fast-moving requests
Elegantly structure the appropriate contractual vehicles for each deal
Strategically mitigate risks through deep cross-functional partnering (Tax, Legal, HR, etc.)
Holistically manage the full term of a contract (amendments, queries, etc.)
Regularly identify opportunities for optimization and efficiency
Confidently drive process re-engineering projects
Substantively influence the business
This position reports to the Manager, Infrastructure Services Sourcing and is based at our Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, CA
- Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of inbound procurement contracts, including purchase agreements, managed services agreements, construction agreements, software licensing agreements, and more, for a wide variety of Facebook teams, both independently and in collaboration with Sourcing Managers.
- Develop contract negotiation approach, fallback positions, and acceptable terms and conditions through to closure. Own contract closure.
- Act as a liaison to Facebook Legal, supporting legal strategy, assessing and protecting the business from risk, defining roles and responsibilities, determining outside counsel requirements, etc.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date contract templates for various agreement types.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in providing ongoing management of a contracts database, including processes such as contract upload/retrieval, electronic signature, attribute collection and tracking, and reporting.
- Provide strategic business advice to develop efficient, comprehensive, long-term approaches to Facebook relationships with key partners and vendors.
- Assist in detailed contract research and reviews, and resolution of issues that may arise in commercial relationships.
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the Contracts team and its processes.
- Continuously measure, manage and improve contracts performance against internal SLA targets.
- Develop and conduct training to educate internal stakeholders on contracts development, impact, terms and conditions, commercial implications, risks, etc.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree and 5+ years of experience negotiating and drafting contracts, or similar related experience. In lieu of degree, 8+ years negotiating and drafting contracts, or similar related experience.
- Analytical skills.
- Communication, math and grammar skills, and with customer service skills.
- Must have proven experience in contract work related to commodities, equipment and services.
- Procurement or Supply Chain Management team exposure.
- Business knowledge of construction, emerging technologies, general contracting, operations and/or data centers.
- Prior experience in networking, cloud industry or related field.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top