Contingent Workforce Business Partner
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee life-cycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.
- The International CWBP (Contingent Workforce Business Partner) will be responsible for partnering with internal Facebook stakeholders on Contingent Workforce needs, questions, issues, and short and long term planning
- and for overseeing our international contingent workforce operations including our MSP (Managed Service Provider) international programs. In region/timezone support for Facebook assignment managers and contingent worker issues and support needs
- Trainings in the local timezones that includes country specific nuances and a deeper cultural sensitivity
- Partner with PRO regional teams on process operationalization of local requirements, customs and cultural requirements
- Partner with country heads and business leaders on pro active CW strategies and to address concerns as needed
- Manage country specific processes and compliance needs such as: Manage contractor use case approvals for countries with restrictions (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, France)
- Manage % of total workforce requirements as required (Italy)
- Agency Worker directive compliance and process development/improvements in EMEA
- TUPE processes for workers transfers in countries where applicable and where managers engage new vendors for existing work
- Country specific Tax Audit requests (example: audit of Independent contractors in the UK requiring significant data pulls, research and responding to legal inquiries)
- Enhanced Benefits Roll out and compliance
- Launch program solutions in new countries as needed including the following for each:
- Legal diligence on local restrictions
- CIIAA's and other local paperwork requirements
- Development of country specific policies based on local requirements and cultural norms (example: Length of service, Taxi program in India, car leases in Israel etc)
- Independent Contractor Program management and interation
- Review and advise on pass/fail for IC business validations based on location requirements as the current process has the CW doing the reviews outside of the US
- Develop a plan to launch an outsourced business validation process in countries where it is needed (Ireland, UK, Sweden, Singapore)
- requirements gathering
- process design, including links and hooks to/from procurement
- change management/comms plan for launching process with third party we outsource to M&A Support as needed
- The ideal candidate will have a general knowledge of international contingent worker law and regulations, as well be familiar with global contingent worker suppliers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top