Content Writer, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Community Operations’ focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is looking for a content expert to join its Content Operations team. The Content Operations team produces scaled Help Center and community support content for more than 1 billion people around the world who use Facebook and related products. The ideal candidate is a strong writer and editor with experience in digital content management, data analysis and project management. This person should also have an eye for improving user experience and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects with proven critical thinking skills. This is a multi-faceted position and an opportunity to be part of a growing team.
This full-time position reports to the Manager of Content Operations and is based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, jargon-free language using Facebook’s voice.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, operations and legal teams to create content for product launches.
- Work with the Community Operations team to write clear, compassionate support messaging.
- Leverage data to improve Facebook’s support experiences and troubleshoot known issues.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting short, frequently changing deadlines.
- 2+ years of professional writing experience.
- 1+ year(s) experience in one or more of these areas: help and support content, database querying, defining CMS requirements, content management workflows, editorial quality assurance, or online operations at a tech company.
- Experienced project manager, with the ability to work through ambiguity and manage competing priorities.
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics.
- Knowledgeable in data-driven analysis.
- HTML skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top