Content Strategy Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our passionate, highly collaborative content strategy team. You’ll manage content strategists working in one or more Facebook feature areas, and help guide the success of the team through coaching, goal setting and building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders. You’ll also get to do hands-on content strategy on an ongoing basis.
This role requires someone who is known for flexibility and creativity and is excited to lead in a flat organization that values collaboration and communication. You should have experience leading in a way that is authentic, objective, empathic and inspiring. You approach management as an opportunity to help people develop their strengths and make an impact, and recognize when to adapt your leadership style to match people’s unique needs in different situations.
You are a natural at building influence in cross-functional partnerships and creating a path to success for the people you manage. You thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact. You should also be excited about staying hands-on with product content strategy, evolving content standards and writing for web and mobile experiences.
- Manage individual content strategists and collaborate with other content strategy managers and leads to create a shared, actionable vision for the content strategy team at Facebook
- Provide regular performance feedback, check-ins and reviews for people who report to you
- Coach team members to increase their impact, develop their strengths and grow their careers
- Provide content strategy for complex features for the global Facebook audience
- Help shape and evangelize Facebook content standards
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, workflows and content templates that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly
- Share your own work and give feedback to teammates in a variety of settings
- Promote content strategy at Facebook and in the broader design and content communities
- 7 or more years experience in content strategy or related fields
- At least 3 years of direct management experience
- Deep knowledge of social and mobile experiences preferred
- Enterprise or business product experience also a plus
- On your resume, please include a link to samples of your work that show a breadth of experience developing content strategies and executing elements of those strategies. You may wish to show us workflows, content templates, style guides or standards you’ve defined. Please also include examples of hands-on work you’ve done writing or editing content for user interfaces, microcopy, user education, emails, or other product communications.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top