Content Strategy Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for interns to work with Facebook content strategists on a range of product experiences, including the Facebook app, Messenger, Instagram, Groups and business products. Interns will plan, create and continually improve the content that helps more than a billion people connect and share. This includes interface content (things like buttons, links, menus and dialogs), product tours, educational experiences, app content, site navigation and lots more. As part of our team, you’ll also help develop the Facebook voice and content standards.
- Learn Facebook content standards and content strategy practices
- Plan, write and edit Facebook content for web experiences and mobile apps
- Partner with product design, research, engineering and other teams to shape Facebook features
- Share your work and receive guidance from experienced content strategists
- Give feedback to teammates and influence overall quality
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in English, journalism, information design, new media, human-computer interaction or a related field with an expected graduation date no earlier than December 2017
- Experience writing, editing and/or planning online content (could be for a school publication, company website, personal blog, mobile app and so on)
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for Facebook and familiarity with other social and mobile tools
- Prior experience with user-centered design a plus
- Prior experience with mobile content a plus
- Must include a link to your online portfolio or links to individual writing/content samples (along with explanations of your role in developing the content)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top