Content Sourcing Lead (Oculus)
As a member of the Oculus Strategic Content team, you work with the most progressive game developers in the world to bring new titles to our platforms like Oculus Quest. You're observant on game and genre trends which hold promise for virtual and augmented realities. You have a compelling vision for where the games industry is headed and work closely with developers and publishers to deliver awesome experiences for VR consumers.
You believe deeply in the value of VR as a new medium for immersive gaming experiences. You're observant and versed on what makes VR game design and development different. You have a great eye to identify the right partner fits from the development community. You thrive in (re)connecting with the world's best game developers to land an ongoing stream of high-profile game releases on the Oculus Platform.
- Identify new content leads and engage developers through direct contact, online channels, organizing meet-ups, etc.
- Process business intelligence on VR-relevant industry trends (products, platforms, publishers, titles) to impact our content strategy and maximize consumer engagement with our content library
- Evaluate and weigh new prospects against market trends, games portfolio fit and opportunity costs in order to champion resource commitments and investments
- Evolve and deliver partnership narrative and platform advantage messages to evangelize the attractiveness of the VR developer ecosystem
- Build and maintain relationships at key game industry events (GDC, PAX, E3, Gamescom) to bring new projects to life or drive partner re-investment into VR
- Advocate for developers by organizing, validating, and representing their needs to internal Oculus Store and Product teams
- Travel 30% of the time
- 8+ years of working experience in games or interactive entertainment
- Content partnerships, game publishing, and/or direct game development experience
- BA or BS degree
- A charismatic demeanor and ability to compellingly articulate the reasons VR is the most exciting medium partners can develop for
- Deep knowledge of the games industry, and Oculus's value proposition to partners and consumers
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional groups to achieve success as a key member of a fast moving team
- Ability to structure, negotiate, and maintain significant and complex strategic relationships
- Superior relationship-building skills
- Familiarity with various gaming consoles and their content offerings
- Experience with IP licensing, media production and development, market analysis and research
- Proven strategic thinker with the ability to balance and prioritize short-term solutions while keeping the long-term vision in mind
Back to top