Content and Localization Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Strategically lead WhatsApp's Content and Localization verticals to help define and drive the direction of global content creation and localization and to support WhatsApp globalization efforts at scale
- Evangelize and raise awareness of localization and content priorities to internal stakeholders in accordance with company goals
- Lead content and localization managers, promoting creativity and providing guidance and mentorship. Apply advanced subject matter expertise to make strategic decisions for both verticals' global expansion
- Establish quality guidelines and define QA models to promote company's vision of globalization for both content and localization
- Identify and track key metrics, leveraging data to make strategic decisions and to further optimize processes
- Assess outsourcing needs, design and drive vendor selection process, negotiate contract/SOW, SLAs and pricing, and draft criteria for KPIs and QBRs
- 8+ years of people and organizational management in an international enterprise environment
- 5+ years of localization, content and/or language-quality program management.
- Stakeholder management, cross-functional team leadership, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated skills in analytics and strategic planning
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills of small organizations
- Familiarity with CMS and CAT tools and industry frameworks for linguistic quality
- Understanding of the technical architecture of highly scalable mobile and web applications.
- Experience with content in relation to channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
- Experience managing teams in different regional offices and time-zones
- Experience working in a startup-like environment, comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top