(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Consumer Research team is a research and analytics group focused on understanding consumer behavior both on and off Facebook. Working with stakeholders across the company, the team develops hypotheses and investigates, designs and executes research toward those hypotheses. The results can often influence the Facebook ad product roadmap and be published to help the advertising industry understand the evolving media landscape.
Facebook seeks a Consumer Researcher to do quantitative research specializing in consumer behavior. Your research will focus on leveraging large internal and external data sets to uniquely describe consumer behavior shifts. You will work closely with the rest of Facebook's Marketing Science Research team, and other analytics and insights functions across Facebook (e.g. marketing, product, communications and data science) to research and communicate trends in consumer behavior and the media landscape.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned researcher with a strong working knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining, experience deriving insights from large complex data sets, and demonstrated experience working cross functionally with internal partners. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park, California office.
- Apply your expertise in research design, analysis and the presentation of data to uncover unique actionable insights around trends and shifts on people's behavior across industries.
- Define insightful hypotheses and identify methods to leverage Facebook's large internal data sets to validate hypotheses and enhance 3rd party research work with proprietary data.
- Build meaningful cross-functional relationships with our partners around the globe and help activate our research to internal and external audiences (e.g., through industry conferences).
- Have a keen eye for and focus on impact and ability to prioritize research projects based on team and company priorities.
- 5+ years' experience in consumer insights (or related) research or 2+ years' experience with advanced degree.
- Proven understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments.
- Experience in a range of research methodologies with experience in at least one technical field (e.g. Statistics, Survey Methodology, Experimental Design, etc.).
- Track record of translating research into actionable insights for the marketing and advertising industry.
- Process, project and vendor management skills with experience partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in hands-on data analysis in SPSS, R or other similar statistical packages.
- Ability to communicate analysis and results to any audience.
- Working knowledge of SQL or other programming language(s)
- Background in working with insights on the client side (e.g. CPG, Retail companies).
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top