Consumer Product Marketing Manager (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas â€" making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We're looking for a candidate to join the consumer product marketing team at WhatsApp. This is an end-to-end product marketing role. Responsibilities include crafting the product narratives, informing product strategy and messaging with insights, and go-to-market planning and execution. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, data-driven, has the ability to tune into the market landscape to inform go to market strategy, and can work collaboratively to drive results. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and excitement for WhatsApp is a must.
This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead analysis and diagnosis around key opportunity areas across markets and consumer segments.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights on people using WhatsApp to inform go-to-market plans.
- Plan and lead successful product launches and ongoing marketing campaigns, educating people on how to use WhatsApp.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including PR, product, and policy stakeholders) to create integrated marketing moments.
- Lead and collaborate with external creative agencies to ensure quality, on-time delivery of marketing programs and assets across multiple channels.
- While this is a consumer marketing role, you will also need to understand the multiple players in the ecosystem across consumers, policy makers, news media, governments and advocates to ensure the consumer work is contextually relevant.
- Be willing and able to flex between strategic and tactical/execution responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing or related disciplines for internet and/or consumer technology.
- Experience in campaign development and working with agencies.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Knowledge in web and mobile technologies and the industry landscape.
- Experience in translating communications.
Back to top