Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Social Good
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Social Good team at Facebook builds tools that empower our community to do more good in the world and help keep people safe. We learn from how our community uses the platform for good, and then create products to make people be even more effective. We’re looking for a product marketing manager to join our nimble team and help our team deliver products that create real social impact.
Ideally you are a marketer who is passionate about using technology for good. In this role, you’ll support our disaster response products and charitable giving products. You’ll be responsible for helping inform product strategy, flawlessly launching products, driving product adoption and creating helpful educational content for nonprofits and other partners.
The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about empowering our community to do good through the Facebook platform.
- Develop core product narrative and positioning for a set of social good products. Incorporate new company initiatives that support the narrative.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights to help inform the product roadmap for our products.
- Create and execute go-to-market plans to launch new features, partnering with Product Management, PR, Design, and Data Science to determine launch strategy, rollout plan, and creative assets to drive awareness, engagement, and affinity.
- Help drive awareness of Facebook’s charitable giving products and drive donations with creative consumer campaigns.
- Produce assets and collateral to support our partnerships team to enable nonprofits to leverage our products.
- Conceptualize, plan and execute on major social good narrative events (ex. Social Good Forum) to make it a meaningful conference for people, nonprofits, partners and press.
- Mobilize and coordinate efforts across cross-functional teams, including Product Management, PR, Design, and others.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and/or business consulting
- 2+ years of experience in consumer marketing.
- Experience sourcing and managing agencies.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset.
- Experience with communicating to internal executive and product teams, as well as communications for consumer-facing audiences.
- Effectiveness in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally between multiple teams.
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in media or consumer tech industry
- Experience in the nonprofit space
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top