Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Search
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Search Marketing team is looking for an experienced Product Marketer who is passionate about technology, growth marketing, and consumer marketing to join our team. Our mission is to bring the magic built by the Search team to the world in a way that is relevant, meaningful, and compelling to everyday people. We are responsible for launching both Search and Trending products and marketing programs. This position will mainly be responsible for creating and growing programs that drive awareness and adoption of new search products (http://search.fb.com/).This is an end-to-end product marketing role. That means the scope of this role includes informing product strategy with consumer and industry insights, creating go-to-market planning and managing launch moments, crafting product narratives, and driving product growth. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, data-driven, has the ability to tune into the market landscape to inform go to market strategy, and can effectively work with colleagues across the company to drive results. This position is full-time and based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Create and own outbound marketing programs that aim to drive product adoption in key target markets
- Work with external agencies and cross-functional teams on creative development and execution of outbound campaigns
- Proactively identify and help consumers overcome adoption barriers
- Proven track record of grounding all consumer marketing in data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts with Product Management, Engineering, UXR, Marketing Research, Communications and other key teams to drive successful search launches globally
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning.
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years professional experience in a corporate or start-up environment
- 3+ years working in a product marketing capacity (partnered closely and comfortably with product management and engineering to represent market requirements and with relevant cross-functional partners to support product launches)
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop working relationships inside and outside Facebook
- Experience with digital media, marketing, and advertising
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment with little supervision
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top