Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Gaming
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We're looking for a marketing leader who is knowledgeable and passionate about gaming and the potential for gaming experiences on Facebook to generate connection and meaningful social interaction. You will lead efforts to build awareness and grow adoption for our gaming products among consumers across the Facebook platform, such as live-streamed gaming video content experiences and Instant Games. The ideal candidate will have experience in the gaming industry â€" particularly consumer-facing games marketing experience at a fast-paced company, but also familiarity with the gaming developer and creator ecosystems.
We are looking for an individual who can effectively communicate through messaging, branding, and campaigns how and why our variety of offerings provide meaningful value to gaming consumers. This person must be driven and have a relentless focus on growing and bringing awareness to Facebookâ€™s gaming tools and services, bringing an understanding of gaming market dynamics, the competitive landscape, mobile app trends, game industry trends, and ways to positively impact consumer perception. The ideal candidate will have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams, vendors, and agencies; exhibit skills in brand building, product positioning, messaging, and creative marketing; be both creative and analytical; and display strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Grow consumer awareness, adoption, and usage of Facebook's Gaming offerings, such as live-streamed gaming video content experiences and Instant Games.
- Develop marketing strategies and plans to achieve consumer product goals.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights from research and analysis to influence product strategy and inform positioning, go-to-market plans, creative assets, and campaigns.
- Develop core product positioning and messaging for key Gaming products and features, considering value proposition, target audience, competitive landscape, and other factors.
- Create and execute go-to-market plans for new products, leading and collaborating closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., product, partnerships, PR, legal, policy) to determine effective launch strategy, including rollout sequencing, creative asset development, and messaging.
- Plan and lead successful marketing campaigns across multiple channels to efficiently drive product awareness, adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external creative teams to bring campaigns, programs and assets to life visually.
- Develop strong messaging and narratives, authoring consumer-facing communication such as blog posts.
- Represent the voice of the Gaming community among cross-functional teams within the company.
- Manage and work with cross-functional teams (including PR, design, external agencies, product and engineering stakeholders) to deliver world-class marketing communications for Gaming initiatives.
- Build and improve the overall Gaming brand and experience for consumers, frame and track the competitive landscape, understand target markets, and identify insights to inform product strategies and go-to-market activities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing new products for internet/consumer tech companies
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Knowledge in web, desktop, and mobile apps, and the gaming industry, including players, creators, and developers
- Experience partnering with agencies, product management, and engineering organizations
- Demonstrated campaign experience across marketing channels, such as video, paid social, mobile, rich media, connected TV environments, and search
- Communication experience across functions (e.g., creative teams, legal, marketing, ops)
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience managing agencies for daily workstreams and creative deliverables as well as working with marketing cross-functional teams, including creative, research, analytics and media
- Consumer marketing experience in the consumer video landscape and drivers of consumer video consumption habits
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Effectiveness and comfort at working independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fluid environment with the ability to adapt, spot issues early, and escalate
- Balance of creative and analytic mindset, putting forth best-in-class execution within a measurable and data-driven framework
- Passion for and understanding of gaming technologies and the consumer gaming/video landscape both in the U.S. and internationally
- Familiarity with gaming video
Back to top