Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Events
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
With Facebook Events, our mission is to help people connect and spend time together in the real world. Today, we are helping over 700M people each month do exactly that. We’re looking for a creative & brand focused Consumer Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about bringing people together through technology. You’ll work on multiple facets of the event ecosystem – from helping people discover, share, coordinate and attend events with friends to helping event organizers build awareness, sell tickets, and drive attendance to their events on Facebook. The right person is a self-starter who loves working alongside cross-functional teams to develop consumer focused initiatives that helps drive product adoption. They would be responsible for thoughtfully understanding consumer needs and identifying market opportunities through research, bringing those insights to the creative teams to influence the marketing campaigns, developing creative marketing programs, and driving measurable results. They’d relentlessly focus on driving product adoption and bring to market events products that meaningfully help people connect and spend time with their friends IRL.The ideal person has both creative intuition, an analytical mindset, and thrives on both understanding highly-technical products and crafting compelling marketing programs. They have a strong creative sense and know how to effectively influence their cross-functional partners across the company to drive results that positively impact the business. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Inspire consumers & event creators globally to use Facebook Events through seamless product launches and direct-to-consumer marketing with impactful, scaled results.
- Lead creative development and represent the voice of the consumer to influence product strategy, driving cross functional alignment when needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (including Product, Research, PR, Design, engineering stakeholders and more) to deliver world-class product marketing communications.
- Tackle complex problems with a creative mindset, and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems
- BA/BS degree required
- 7+ years professional experience in a corporate or startup environment
- 4+ years working in a Consumer Product Marketing capacity (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with relevant cross-functional partners to support product launches)
- Experience partnering with product & cross functional teams to identify and bring to market solutions with clear Consumer benefit
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top