Consumer Marketing Director, Commerce
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
As the Consumer Marketing Director for Commerce at Facebook, you will be responsible for leading an exceptional group of marketers who are finding innovative and effective ways to connect people globally to the products and services they love.
Our ideal candidate has a relentless focus on driving growth and bringing to market new ways to empower consumers and businesses around the world to buy and sell in a meaningful, valuable way. This person understands the shopping trends, the different market dynamics, competitive landscape, and, most importantly, how to positively impact consumer sentiment and drive new behavior. S/he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results and alignment; and experience developing and executing against global launch plans that bring relevant products to market. S/he must be an exceptional people leader who has a proven track record of building high-performing teams.
- Build, develop and support a world-class consumer marketing team and advocate for the resources and infrastructure to scale the organization.
- Lead, influence and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (including Product, Research, PR, Design, engineering and more) to deliver world-class product marketing programs.
- Influence business direction and develop strategic product input and positioning through a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape.
- Be a thought leader and champion for the consumer, utilizing quantitative and qualitative insights to influence product strategy, product positioning, and product launch strategy.
- Ensure the success of product launches via thorough go-to-market planning and execution.
- Establish clear KPIs for the team and own the relationship with analytics to ensure there is an impactful testing agenda and measurement plan in place.
- Develop integrated global marketing and advertising strategies and programs to drive consumer awareness and adoption.
- Manage budget to drive impact and ROI through marketing programs.
- 15+ years of experience launching & scaling consumer apps or products, and activating and building consumer brands
- 8+ years of experience working in eCommerce and/or two-sided marketplace(s)
- 8+ years of experience leading, developing, and managing teams
- Experience scaling teams, influencing cross-functional teams, and being part of a leadership team
- Experience partnering with product teams to identify and bring to market solutions, including representing market requirements with cross-functional partners to drive product launch strategies and ongoing lifecycle/engagement marketing
- Experience developing marketing strategies and translating those strategies into plans
- CRM lifecycle marketing experience
- Experience constructing strategy and creative briefs, providing feedback and delivering creative with stories
Back to top