Consumer Communications Manager, Social Good
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Consumer Communications professional to create and execute public relations campaigns around Facebook’s mission of helping people connect, communicate and share in an unprecedented way. This role will focus on Facebook’s Social Good products that are good for the world and help keep people safe. Candidates should demonstrate an expertise in storytelling, news judgment, managing crisis response products and programs, and show a passion for Facebook’s mission. This person should be experienced in identifying strong stories related to Facebook, our products that help people do more good in the world, as well as pitching stories to a range of contacts across consumer, tech and social impact focused press.
This is a full time role based in Menlo Park, California.
- Work closely with the Facebook Social Good product team to develop campaigns focused on how Facebook helps people connect and do good in the world via crisis response products like Safety Check
- Develop and execute proactive media campaigns that increase awareness of Facebook Social Good products, both during launch moments and by identifying evergreen story angles that drive steady coverage in between launches
- Work with a range of press, mostly consumer and social impact focused press, but also technology reporters, to drive our work and narratives
- Manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously and work well cross functionally both internally and with external agencies
- Bachelor’s degree required in English, Communications or related field
- 12 + years of relevant professional experience in communications, either consumer or product communications focused
- Experience in communications around crisis response products and programs
- Experience working with reporters who cover content related to consumer or technology-focused audiences
- Experience managing relationships with reporters across a variety of publications
- Experience with project management and decision-making
- Experience managing PR agencies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top