Consumer Communications Manager, Product
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Consumer Communications Manager to create and support proactive public relations campaigns around Facebook's core products and brand in consumer media, with a focus on product communications for Facebook's in-app camera and sharing products, the Camera Effects Platform, and Facebook Groups.The successful candidate will have strong contacts with consumer vertical, tech and trade media. This person will work closely with the product teams to amplify company-wide product launches, cultural moments and innovations, and devise and execute ongoing campaigns. Strategic, flexible, creative and resourceful communicators able to manage multiple projects simultaneously will be successful.
- Interface and consult with cross-functional teams across the company particularly with product development, product marketing and brand marketing
- Drive positive press coverage in consumer print/online, multicultural and broadcast media
- Enhance awareness of Facebook and its products in mainstream consumer media outlets
- Conceptualize and execute creative consumer PR and marketing campaigns with media and other partners
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, often times with little oversight or guidance
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- Bachelors degree in Communications, English, or relevant degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience at a PR agency or in-house, at a consumer goods or services company
- Experience in project management or programs
- Strategic thinking and communication skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top