Consumer Communications Manager, Messenger
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to join our fast-growing team. The role will manage a broad range of consumer communications efforts focused around our innovation in the world of messaging for people – including technology, core and monetization, major announcements and events, product launches working alongside our business and platform and developer team. Creating and activating new ways through communications to reach the next 1B people on Messenger.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world – over 1B people all over the world use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to communicate with the people and businesses that matter to you. It’s just as fast and dependable as texting, but offers so much more. You can make free voice and video calls, make payments, play games, send stickers & gifs, chat with groups. Messenger is also redefining the boundaries of messaging apps with novel visual status features, end-to-end encryption, the hugely popular bot platform, AI, and topic-based conversation spaces. Messenger makes it easy to find and reach just about anyone, even if you don’t have their phone number or aren’t friends on Facebook. As a team, we combine the best parts of working at a small startup with global scale.
The successful candidate will be highly experienced at devising and executing complex media campaigns, handling issue and crisis management, possess deep media relationships, and the ability to work with senior executives. An ability to translate complex new developments into the words of everyday is required. A keen understanding of technology and especially social networks, as well as knowledge of how messaging environments intersect is essential in this role. The ideal candidate will have experience of working at a dynamic pace and will be proactive, creative and highly organized.
This position is full-time and is based in Menlo Park, California.
- Devise and execute communications strategies and campaigns to support Messenger’s strategic objectives
- Media relations work supporting consumer product launches
- Help our product teams infuse Messenger into pop culture
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects and coordinate across the broader Facebook corporate communications team
- Work cross-functionally with product, platform, policy, corporate and international PR teams on individual media opportunities and broader programs
- Work with executives and teams across the company including engineering, product, sales, marketing and legal
- Build relationships with developer media, press, bloggers, analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders about core products and initiatives
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, English or other relevant major required
- 10+ years of experience in communications, technology or monetization
- 5+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics or commerce
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top