Consumer Communications Manager, Media Relations
(New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Consumer Communications Manager to create and support proactive public relations campaigns around Facebook’s core products with a focus on consumer outlets. The successful candidate is entrepreneurial and will have very strong consumer media contacts. Strong relationships with top-tier outlets (tech as well as consumer) is also helpful since this person will work with product comms leads to amplify product launches and moments externally. Strategic, creative and resourceful communicators able to manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously will be successful. Must be a self-starter who can work well in a satellite office and whose top clients will be external.
This is a full-time position and based in New York, New York.
- Drive positive press coverage in consumer print/online, multicultural and broadcast media
- Amplify how people are using Facebook in useful ways every day across several verticals
- Protect and enhance awareness of Facebook and its products in mainstream consumer media outlets
- Cultivate relationships with new media contacts and reporters
- Help manage external PR agencies
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, often times with little oversight or guidance
- Prepare briefing materials and manage spokespeople in NYC
- Bachelors degree required in Communications, English, or relevant major
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience at a PR agency or in-house, at a consumer goods or services company
- 4+ years of experience in managing or working with PR agencies and contractors
- Media relationships in NYC
- Experience thinking and communicating strategically
- Able to travel 25%
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top