Consumer Communications Manager, Marketplace
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Consumer Communications Manager to create and drive strategic public relations campaigns that support Marketplace. The successful candidate will have significant e-commerce experience and a track record of successfully creating news moments around both product launches and proactive moments. This person should have strong contacts with consumer, lifestyle, and tech press. Strategic, flexible, proactive, and resourceful communicators who are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously will be successful. The position is located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Strategic planning: Work closely with various Facebook teams and external PR agencies to develop proactive and reactive communications campaigns that support Marketplace's product and marketing goals
- Creative storytelling: Develop narratives and messaging that drive excitement for Marketplace with tech, consumer, and lifestyle press
- Team player: Work closely with various Facebook teams and external PR agencies to assist with proactive and reactive communications campaigns
- Bachelors degree in Communications, English, or relevant degree
- Experience working at an e-commerce or retail services company
- Experience working with consumer, technology, and business media
- Experience with product launches and strategic communications initiatives
- 8+ years of experience in PR-agency and in-house
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top