Consumer Communications Manager, AR/VR
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join the AR/VR communications team supporting consumer communications.
The AR/VR Communications Manager will work closely with several teams across the AR/VR org, including product and experiences to plan and execute high-impact consumer communications programs for AR/VR consumer hardware and software products. The scope of this role includes managing external public relations agency partners and over time, building a team of communicators dedicated to Facebook's AR/VR consumer efforts.
The ideal candidate has experience managing communications for consumer technology products; strong media relationships across tech, business, and consumer publications; and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams to plan and execute high-impact communications programs. As a member of the AR/VR communications team, this person must be comfortable working with executives, engineers, product leads and partners. This person must also be able to work quickly and to deliver high-quality work, even under severe time constraints. Candidates who have an appreciation for AR/VR technology and a creative streak are highly desired.
- Serve as trusted communications partner and advisor to AR/VR leaders
- Develop communications plans to support AR/VR products, software, and experiences
- Create narratives geared at helping mainstream audiences understand and see value in the technologies we're building and how they can positively impact their lives
- Oversee AR/VR Influencer program
- Engage with the press and other influencers to showcase Facebook's commitment to bringing people closer together through the lens of AR/VR products and experiences
- Bachelors degree
- 6+ years of experience in communications
- Experience with media relationships across tech, business, and consumer publications
- Experience working in consumer technology
- Experience managing/mentoring others
- Experience managing PR agencies, contractors, and other vendors
- Both agency and in-house communications experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top