Construction Project Manager, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Construction Project Manager, Intern to join our Special Projects – Infrastructure Construction Management Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Building and operating data centers the “right” way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital conservation. The data center infrastructure team thinks from chip to chiller (or electrical substation), determining configurations and ensuring maximum efficiency of our compute infrastructure. The Special Project team seeks to support infrastructure worldwide to fulfill Facebook’s mission to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected.
- Support Facebook Construction Project teams who manage the construction of a multi-phased data center projects, upgrades to existing Facebook sites, and other non-traditional projects.
- Lead efforts for contractor, designer and vendor management
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates
- Work with Procurement Department on equipment procurement and delivery process
- Provide weekly project status report (financial, schedule, Q/C)
- Assist Facebook Construction Project Managers in managing tenant improvement or retrofit work in a live data center environment
- Manage warranty work program for existing data center buildings
- Provide construction consulting services to local Ops team and other cross functional departments
- Occasional travel to Facebook sites from headquarters (Menlo Park, CA)
- Respond on an as-needed basis to emergencies
- This position will be located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent degree
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree, or advanced education
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in construction and project planning
- Data center development and construction experience desired, but not required
- Familiarity with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements
- Knowledge of construction management, capital budget management, and an understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations
- Negotiation skills and ability to provide solutions to problems
- Must be familiar with P6, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top